LINECO DISABILITY HOURS ELIGIBILITY DURING DISABILITY
If you become totally disabled and satisfy the requirements below, you will be credited with disability hours during your period of disability at the rate of eight (8) hours per day, Monday through Friday. Disability hours will be granted until the end of your disability, however, the maximum period of time eligibility can be continued using disability hours is twelve (12) consecutive months.
You will be eligible for disability hours only if you meet ALL three (3) of the following rules:
1. You must be eligible (from working) on the date your disability starts. You are not entitled to disability hours for a disability that begins while you are maintaining your eligibility by making short-hours or COBRA self- payments; AND
2. You must be eligible (from work hours) for the benefit month immediately following the month in which you became disabled; AND
3. You must have worked enough hours and have been credited with sufficient disability hours in the work month in which you became disabled to satisfy the Plan’s continuing eligibility rules. Short hours self-payment(s) do not count toward satisfaction of these rules.
Additional Rules Governing Eligibility
• These provisions apply to non-work-related disabilities. They also apply to work-related disabilities if you become disabled on the job while you are working for an employer who is making contributions to the Fund under a collective bargaining agreement or participation agreement, or if you are an employee of the Fund and become disabled on the job. If you become disabled on the job while working for an employer who is not signatory to a collective bargaining agreement or participation agreement, or other than while on the job for the Fund, you will not be eligible for disability hours.
• The maximum period that your eligibility will be continued under these rules is 12 benefit months. However, if your eligibility is continued under this provision and you return to employment for a contributing employer before the expiration of 12 benefit months, your eligibility will be continued for the rest of the benefit month in which you return to work on a continuous full-time basis and for the next two succeeding benefit months. This permits your eligibility to be continued without interruption while you are earning future eligibility because
of your return to work.
• If you qualify for disability hours and if you recover in the same month in which your total disability began, you will be eligible in the benefit month related to the work month in which you were totally disabled, provided you would have been eligible under the Plan if you had worked full-time for a contributing employer during your period of total disability.
• If you are covered under this provision for the allowed 12 months and are still disabled and unable to go back to work, or if you recover from your total disability but there is no work available in your jurisdiction, you may be entitled to continue coverage by making COBRA self-payments (see Continuing Your Coverage Under COBRA starting on page 31).
• If you recover after receiving disability hours and you do not go to work for an employer contributing to LINECO, your coverage will terminate on the date you are no longer disabled or the date your coverage terminates under the continuing eligibility rules of the Plan, unless you elect and make correct and on-time COBRA self-payments.
• If you die while you are covered under these provisions and you have not accumulated any further eligibility, your dependents will be covered for three (3) more months starting with the first day of the month following the month in which you die. After the 3-month period, your dependents may be entitled to continue coverage by making COBRA self-payments.
Electrical Industry Certifications AssociationWELCOME TO LINECO
Click Here for Spanish